View Single Post
Old 07-15-2007, 02:57 AM   #11
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Well, I finally came up with the solution for not being able to put any of the truck stop chucks (facing both ways) to air the outer dually. A buddy of mine happened to have a portable compressor (the kind that plugs into your power port (cigarette lighter) and the rubber hose can be manipulated to air both inner and outer tires. I must admit that I have an advantage in that my hands and wrist are small enough to fir through the slots in the rim. The compressor was rated at 120 psi and took about five minutes to raise the pressure from 45 (dealer setting - have no idea why) to 65 where I am running initially. Besides, I need one when travelling for the Montana anyway. I have read where others are using 80 psi but need clarification if this is where dually's are being set or SRW users only. 80 is the max on the tire, but the truck sticker says 65?? As usual will consider all input and will make decision accordingly (In other words I will do what I think is right after entertaining all opinions). I know I can do a search but it takes so long and usually times out without any results. Sorry.
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote