Thread: Mice/wiring
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2020, 02:23 PM   #8
vipermanden
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18510
Never had mice in our 2017 Montana, but then in our brand new SOB, we found 10 of them living in our basement congregating near my gas BBQ. So after cleaning up every single trace we could find of them every where, I did what works up here in Tahoe for me, I got those electronic rodent deterrent devices that are for under the hood of your car, they run off 2 C batteries and last about 8-12 months before battery replacement is needed. They have worked really well up here, so I put two in the basement of the 5th wheel, and spread out three in the RV. I also take Irish Spring soap bars, and cut them in half, and put each half in the lowest center of the wheels. They really hate this smell, and going up your wheel is their usual mode of entry, since they can not shimmy up the slick shaft of the level jacks. So far we have not seen any sign of mice again, and our pest guy said once they get into your RV they leave fermones sp? that attract other mice for quite a while! So I guess we are over powering them by the 4 pieces of Irish Spring soap, and the electronic rodent deterrent devices you can get on Amazon for $20 each. Here is the link for those devices. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1