View Single Post
Old 04-08-2010, 01:24 PM   #9
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
This the second time today I've had to agree with Clarkandsheila. What are the odds.

Like Jim F, I ride nose high (but slightly) and run with the refrigerator on. I've been doing this for a year with no problems driving up and down hills. My weight differences are similar to clark, and in my case under the weight requirements by over a ton at the axles.

Here's some additional information that I hope someone can help me figure out the angle. The distance of the rig's main bottom framing (not the overhang) is 29' (it's another 7' to the king pin). The rear of the rig's ground to frame measurement is 4" lower than the front of the rig's ground to the frame measurement. The rear of the rig distance to the center of the rear axle is 11 ft. The front of the rig distance to the center of the front axle is 15'. The distance between the center of the axles is 3 ft. I don't know the degree of nose high but hopefully an MOC geometry expert can tell me what the degree of nose high I am. I don't know how much of a bubble that is, but I don't believe this is enough to worry about.

I do know that the higher the nose the more stress put on the rear axle and the suspension travel might be impacted if the nose is high enough and I don't know at what degree it's a concern since it's difficult to have every rig combination perfectly level. Yes, level would be nicest, but when is this a problem? If anyone knows better would you please explain and enlighten me? I am having a terrible time trying to find how to determine this and any help would be appreciated.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote