View Single Post
Old 09-17-2019, 07:02 AM   #43
Slow Hand
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17391
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottkeen View Post
I'm sure my list will grow, but I'm keeping duplicates of many RV parts in the RV:
  • Dometic toilet valve (tip: Don't buy the non-Dometic knock-offs, I bought 2 and they both leaked)
  • Hot water heater anode rod
  • Hot water heater electric heating element
  • Hot water heater electric on/off switch (replaced this already)
  • Water pump and connection hoses
  • Sewer hose, water hoses, water pressure adapters, etc
I also have backups of certain appliances in case the primary appliance fails:
  • Big Buddy propane heater in case the RV furnace fails
  • Electric oil-filled radiator heater in case the Big Buddy fails or I'm out of propane. Plus I'd rather use the CS electricity instead of my propane
  • Electric fans in case the RV air-conditioner fails
  • Induction cooktop in case the RV propane stove fails. Plus I'd rather use the CS electricity instead of my propane
  • Portable 100W solar panels and charger so I can charge my RV house battery in case the RV converter fails
  • ...and (drumroll...) 5-gallon bucket in case the RV toilet fails
I plan to get a 2nd air-conditioner (the bedroom is pre-wired for 2nd A/C) not because I need it, but in case the main RV air-conditioner fails. I'm actually considering a portable air-conditioner instead that vents out a window, just so I can wheel it around to use where it's needed.

Also plan to get a dual-fuel (gasoline/propane) inverter generator. Looking at the Champion 3500W Dual Fuel.

Love the RV. But I don't trust it 100%, so I've learned to have spare parts and backup systems, and keep my tools with me.
Back ups for the back ups LOL that's so funny.
Slow Hand is offline   Reply With Quote