View Single Post
Old 03-27-2023, 06:49 PM   #106
Foldbak
Montana Master

M.O.C. #30417
So went to Bodega Bay Doran Beach last weekend. It was dry camping. 1st night topped off the batteries, shut off the inverter and went to bed. 4:30am low battery alarm. Got up disconnected the batteries, went back to bed and jump started the gen around 8am. Batteries charged and solar kept them full all day. 2nd night same thing. This time I used the inverter cut off switch, shut off the water heater and pump. Same thing. Dead. 3rd night. Monitored the batteries charging using the Victron app to confirm 100% charged. Shut off everything except the fridge. Same thing. I did notice that the app showed a 7 amp draw at the time I went to bed. Returned home today and batteries are full. shut off everything, no shore power and no fridge. Still showed a 2.5 amp draw. Going to assess tomorrow. I may have allowed the batteries to go below threshold too many times. I might be upgrading to lithium....
I would appreciate input from anyone that has substantial knowledge of the Victron shunt and solar app. Not 100% sure what I'm looking for. Thanks in advance!