Thread: Storage
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2007, 03:15 AM   #13
DonandBonnie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5906
I am in the process of disposing of all non essential possessions. Photos and important newpaper clippings are being scanned onto a disc. Other stuff is either going to be sold or donated. Bonnie, on the other hand cannot bear to part with her posessions. The only way to keep peace is to store her stuff. I can buy one of those backyard storage barns (a real frame structure, not the tin or plastic ones from Lowes) for about the price of a couple of years rent at a storage facility. Bonnie's oldest son has agreed to keep it at his place. In return we have agreed that the building is his when we no longer have a use for it.

Stiles, Bonnie and I have talked about a home base similar to what you are doing here in Ohio. My fear is that such a home base would make us legal residents of the Buckeye state and as such subject to all of the state and local taxes and motor vehicle laws. I would rather opt for the South Dakota residency and visit friends and family in Ohio regularly without being permanent residents. What are your thoughts on this?
DonandBonnie is offline   Reply With Quote