Thread: Solar
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2020, 01:08 PM   #6
kowbra
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26690
Quote:
Originally Posted by eZAK View Post
As far as my High Country goes, The only options where 'Solar Prep' or the 'Solar System'
I opted for the system. What's installed is (1) roof mounted panel, an inverter (which I assume has a controller/charger built in), (2) FLA batteries, and a monitor panel.

That being said, I find this; Hard to believe!

Not that the poster is wrong, It is just that my calculations just don't add up!
And I'm not alone, see article below;

https://www.etrailer.com/faq-can-sol...%20and%20fans.

Back to my set-up, after doing my calculations, (having to dry camp) I find that I can use just what is needed and run an AC Fan on low at night.
Well, I'm not sure what you find hard to believe.
First, etrailer is not talking about the Super Solar Flex package that Montana is now offering. Newer tech is key to what Montana has built, including new AC units that include not only soft starts built in but that have lower overall running draw. They also include sophisticated power management so that you can judiciously monitor and run loads as needed.

Second, in your calculations are you adding up the load for both ACs and all of the appliances, all running at the same time?? If so, re-read what I wrote; the coach is WIRED to run all of the above, but I never said it's intended to use them all at the same time

Now, if your calculations are different than that, please clarify what you find hard to believe.

BTW, glad to hear your Solar system package is working well for you. We came from a system with similar specs in our last 5th wheel, and we did fine for boondocking a few days at a time, and used a Champion 3400w inverter to run AC or charge batteries if conditions were not ideal.

Thanks,
Brad