View Single Post
Old 10-23-2011, 02:32 PM   #17
CORattler
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10496
A good perspective!

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Mrs. CountryGuy

Boy, I guess CountryGuy and I are either in denial or have been very lucky.

We camp where we want to, but, if the hairs on the back of our neck stand on end, that is not where we want to, so if at all possible we move on.

We have not had one thing stolen, except the 12 pack of beer we left outside at a state park one time a long time ago. Oh, was summer, park was full of teenagers, our bad.

We left stuff behind, was never retrieved, ohhh, that is not stolen.

We tend to leave the cargo bay doors unlocked once we get to camp, on the desert, in private parks, in county parks, in state parks. Nope, never had anything stolen, ya, disclaimer, not YET.

We do lock the door when we leave the campsite, cause I have had someone walk into a unit and steal money, at a club (NOT MOC) campout when we had younger kids. There were no others in that campground besides club members, it was closed to all outsiders.

Truthfully, I am more nervous about leaving the unit parked while we have lunch and are running than I am when we reach a campsite. So, there are times I send CountryGuy for a hamburger and I stay with the rig. Comfort zones, if they don't feel right, pay attention to them, do what feels right.

Tis all about comfort zones, if you feel better changing the locks, then by all means. But, the points of the screwdriver and prying in, and the fact that we are basically lazy if we can be, kept CountryGuy from changing the locks. Oh, and being cheap, no $$ spent, no time spent, so far so good.

Never say never, so disclaimers and "not yets" abound.

CORattler is offline   Reply With Quote