Thread: Floor jack
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2021, 09:42 AM   #20
PSFORD99
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9051
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave W View Post
I would love to buy all US made products, including hydraulic jacks. Unfortunately, there isn't much of a selection and those that are available (do you have any brand names), way too costly 1-2X year use. I have 2 Harbor Freight 12 Ton jacks that work just fine and have for over 10 years. Whatever the brand or country point of origin, I always use at some sort of rigid safety device as I don't trust ANY hydraulic device to remain set in place.
I too have a pair of 12 tons , I was thinking they came from Harbor Freight ,along with a pair of 6 ton floor stands . The 12 tons are Torin. I bought them originally over 10 years ago to do the wet bolts on my 2008 Montana. Prior to that when I first bought the 2008 new ,I tried my jack that came with my Ford Superduty 350 to see if it would lift a tire on the fifth wheel to be changed, it lifted it fine . Knowing I didn't have anything at that time . I now carry one of the 12 ton's.

Went out, and looked those Torin, Big Reds are made in China . They have worked very well, and have used them quite a bit for tire rotation ,working on the fifth wheel etc. I bought another pair of those 6 ton floor stands from Harbor freight , used them once ,was reading a forum ,and there was a recall on them , was not heart warming. I did take them back for a refund . The original 2 I have have worked well. The recall stands were grey in color ,these old ones are orange .
PSFORD99 is offline   Reply With Quote