View Single Post
Old 05-28-2020, 10:50 AM   #18
lightsout
Montana Master

M.O.C. #24938
Let me add this. I just rewired my 3791RD for my Satellite. I was able to keep the run from the convenience center to the LR TV however I added a separate run for BR. At first I ran the RG6 from the convenience center to the satellite box located at bedroom TV so I had a 25" cable from the center plus 25-50' to the satellite. PICTURE WAS HORRIBLE.

So I removed that cable and relocated the satellite (Dish ) box in the basement 3' from the cable input I added in the convienience center. Then I ran a 20' HDMI to the BR TV and a 15' to the Basement TV I have added ( I used a HDMI splitter). Picture was PERFECT. Keep in mind that the Remotes for the Dish Box's will work through walls in fact I can turn on and change channels from anywhere in the RV even with my box located in the basement.

So Keep your RG6 as short ans possible and use HDMI to make up the difference. You can also add a HDMI booster if needed.

Our Class A we sold to buy our Montana had 4 TV's with one input and Satellite Box, however every TV was connected by HDMI (splitter) run throughout the coach by the factory and it worked perfectly and could use one box for all TV's.

Here is the entire DIY with pictures I did to add the basement TV and re run the cabling

https://www.montanaowners.com/forums...ad.php?t=80474
lightsout is offline   Reply With Quote