View Single Post
Old 05-22-2020, 02:31 PM   #10
Mikendebbie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21044
In my unit - the cable TV and the over-the-air antenna works great for all 3 TVs (living room, bedroom and outside TV). I don’t want to mess that up by removing diplexers and splitters - I just need a dedicated coax for Dish tailgater to hook to black box (VIP 211z in my case) for the living room TV.

I saw a great idea in a thread here about feeding coax thru the slideout wiring loom and up behind the fireplace - feed maybe a 8’ piece of coax thru the loom and let the end dangle out under the slideout..simple enough...but my fireplace unit is wedged so tight in the rough opening (my only theory) that I can’t pull the darn thing out even though I have removed all the visible anchor screws. This is still my goal for running the dedicated coax - I’m just waiting for someone here to provide the secret for pulling the fireplace out...because it feels like it is poured in concrete when I pull with all my might! And I don’t want to hammer and pry for fear of causing damage. There has got to be a simple solution...unless my theory is true...that the rough opening was cut 1/16” too snug and they forced it into the opening in the factory. Beats the heck outa me!
Aussie Gus + Texas Heeler Jimmy
Mikendebbie is online now   Reply With Quote