View Single Post
Old 09-14-2020, 06:25 PM   #27
sourdough
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26010
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtlakejim View Post
In RED above. You had to add a lot to that soil to get anything to grow. Face it the soil is poor in the part of the country and more importantly water is scarce. They made us use reject water from the well water processing system at the RV park we were at to water the two or three little plants we had. It was a MAJOR pain in the butt. They really preferred you not to have any plants and were always watching the water consumption extremely close. Without the reverse osmosis filter system I doubt the water would have been drinkable it contained so many contaminates. We wouldn't drink it even after filtering. The lack of water is a big reason I did not care for the desert. We love to fish, kayak and watersports. Obviously not much of that in the desert.....

I/we get it that you don't like SE NM, you've made that abundantly clear. I don't particularly like it either but AZ Traveler nailed it about as close as you can get it. If you don't like it that's fine and you've expressed that multiple times. Not really any need to jump in and try to counter anything anyone says positive (or not) about the place.

And BTW, the comment about the cow manure was just a "tickle" for Falcon and his comment about not being able to grow anything in Alamo from a fellow former New Mexican - not asking for a broadside about me having to "face" anything....I lived it.

AZ Traveler also had it right about the wife crying - when she (my DW) came into this town the first time....just burst into tears. Now, 31 years later, I've offered to build a house in a dozen beautiful places and she won't budge.... We've got the RV she says.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote