View Single Post
Old 02-23-2012, 04:00 AM   #13
Fire5er
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3403
I too have been looking into putting an outlet at the front of the 5er. I am looking at it for a couple of reasons; 1. Because we also have been in situations where the GC power pedestal is at the front of the site (the site is made for the Class “A” motor home to get the view out their front window, but when your 5th-wheel parks in the site the power cord will not reach), and 2. When I use the generator I want to be able to protect them from the rain by placing them under the overhang.
I have been looking at using a generator transfer switch like the Reliance 31406CRK 6 Circuit, with a cost of $250 TO $300. If you go to they have a video on how to install the Reliance generator transfer switch. This install is in a home but I was planning on putting the switch in the front compartment so I could us my 30A cord of the front compartment. The reason I wanted to use the transfer switch is because I do not want the 50A plug at the rear of the 5er to be hot when I am using the auxiliary power outlet at the front of the unit.
But after reading all those MOC brothers that have been using a 50A extension cord it may be more time and cost effective to just go the extension cord route.
Fire5er is offline   Reply With Quote