View Single Post
Old 05-03-2006, 03:27 PM   #22

M.O.C. #5733
Ken, thanks for the pic--nice! I can't wait to hit the road. I got a little more activity on RV.net. Here's an update I posted there:

Thanks for all the help everyone! I spoke with a Pullrite rep again. Armed with your feedback, she agreed that the 16K is probably the best choice for me. She said it's lighter than the 24K (324lb vs 427lb w/railkit), has greater resale appeal if I later sell it, and is a GRAND CHEAPER!!!

She said the rounded corners on the rv help. Whether there's enough clearance ultimately depends on if the pinbox is forward enough, and if the "leading edge" on my rv (the furthest-protruding point on the front cap) happens to align with my tv to the point where they could get too close. The only way to tell for sure is too install it and see how everything lines up. In a worst-case scenario, if the 16K doesn't give enough clearance, I could get a pinbox extender (although they don't recommend that).

For those who mentioned they never use their slider--it's not that I don't trust you. It's just that I'm a newbie with a wife, dog, and two small rug-rats in the back who will constantly cause commotion and distraction. For $2k, the SuperGlide sounds like cheap insurance compared to the cost of the tv/rv.

FYI...I found a great deal on SuperGlides at PPLMotorhomes.com They have the 16K for $1255 + $617 for custom railkit (no tv frame drilling=no jeopardizing tv warranty) + $110 S/H. Also ordered Prodigy controller for $99. Should be here in 3 days and I will try installing myself.

Also ordered the SuperGlide converter for the MorRyde pinbox ($85 from MorRyde). This is a custom piece made by MorRyde just for SuperGlide, and bolts right on the MorRyde box. This should avoid any mating/welding issues caused by the regular SuperGlide adapter. Sounds like it's simple to change back, too, in case rv needs towing on a non-SG hitch.

Will let you know if I run into any snafu's. Wish me luck! Thanks again for all the valuable insight.

Greg

2006 3500 Ram Megacab Dually
2005 2955RL Montana
MorRyde Pinbox
213007237 is offline   Reply With Quote