View Single Post
Old 08-27-2020, 05:00 PM   #14
mtlakejim
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20693
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh View Post
Before this is over probably in many pages someone will say you must have a semi. To answer your question if I were you I would buy a 1 ton and I would compare all three. That way when you buy you will know you have the best truck for you not for someone else.
Lynwood
Nobody is saying you need a semi!! Lets stop playing that game!

What we are saying is there is value in a piece of mind of knowing you for sure have enough truck. That simply means buying the next size larger truck than is at a minimum called for. There isn't that much difference in the price between a 3/4 and a 1 ton. Many (not all but many) would say that the difference in price is justified by the considerably more secure feeling of knowing for absolute certain you have plenty of truck.

Same can be said for things like diesel or DRW options. When your coming down a steep mountain pass with 1000' drop offs on either side you will know how important that piece of mind is!!

With my 1 ton diesel dually, I am confident (not overly confident to the point of being dangerous) that I can drive ANY road safely that doesn't have some mitigating factor (like length or height limits). I am more than happy to pay a little extra for that comfort factor and NO I DON"T THINK I AM SPENDING MORE MONEY THAN I NEED TO!!!!!
2018 Montana High Country 381TH Garage Full of Toys
mtlakejim is offline   Reply With Quote