View Single Post
Old 05-24-2022, 05:55 PM   #64
PSFORD99
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9051
Quote:
Originally Posted by BB_TX View Post
There is the old saying money doesn’t buy happiness. Neither does all the high tech gizmos we have now. Over all my 76 years of people I know and have known both personally and professionally it has been more likely those with the least were overall the happiest. Those with the most were often the least happy with their position in life. Seems they were often obsessed about keeping what they had even though it was more than most, and adding even more to what they did have. And the pressures that go along with that. And the percentage of people happy with their life was greater in my earlier years than my later years. People were less concerned about reaching the top or at least keeping up with the Joneses. They were simply content to enjoy life as they could. And I have lived life from both sides, having just enough to get by to being very comfortable.

I was raised in northern Montana , moved to Utah when I was a sophomore in HS. The high school here in Utah had more kids in the school than what we did in the town I was raised in . We didn't have much, but I had a childhood that could not be beat. If you were not raised in that era, of course you don't know what you missed , but you missed .

I was content with my job of 42 years same place , had a decent retirement ,as well as my wife . Raised two sons that are successful, and they are nearly done raising their kids ,and the ones out of the house are very successful in life. We live well, do mostly what we want ,and no desire to keep up with the jones , or all the high tech . I can use a cell phone ,and computer well enough to do what I need .
PSFORD99 is offline   Reply With Quote