View Single Post
Old 07-29-2007, 01:42 PM   #2
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
The roller works fine to a point. Our previous TT has the roller on the outside door and it worked fine. Unfortunately, I don't think there is any way to install the roller on the screen door. On the TT the corners were square and we did manage to puncture the awning with the screen door. I like the rounded design on the Montana's which at least would prevent puncturing the awning as we did. Repeated wear and potential stretching would be of a bigger concern. I always check the clearance on the door and the awning when I extend the awning on our 3400 but fortunately, it has never been a problem. Obviously you are between a rock and a hard place, but I honestly feel Keystone and your dealer should at least acknowledge the problem and be willing to meet you halfway on some level of resolution. Perhaps now we have another item to add to a PDI list??? Another option may be the use of the bowed awning support but I don't know if they would work with the electric awnings if you have that type. Sorry to not offer a solution, but I am sure someone has crafted an innovative way to minimize the problem. Good luck.
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote