View Single Post
Old 08-30-2006, 06:30 AM   #11
WACOT
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #1946
My wife and I will be wintering over at Lake Navarro Mills near Corsicana Tx. and I have began to get the rig ready for mild freezing and I have insulated the low point drains by using those foam float thing that kids use in pools, the ones that are round with center holes of about 1 in. I cut a piece about two inches longer than the drain hose, split it down one side to the middle, place it over the drain and hold it in place with plastic ties. I plan on using a simular technique for the water supply hose, using the same foam floats around the hose and the entire thing inside PVC pipe, as we will be there in the summer as well, the bitter ends I'll use expanding foam in a gallon jug or something, and place plastic over the faucet before pushing the jug over the faucet before the expanding foam sets. I have thought about skirting, but will wait and see because we should not have any suatained time of freezing cold in that area, if it becomes a problem I can skirt anytime. The fiver does have the Artic package, but I'm not sure just how effective that claim will prove to be, but we have been out in freezing temps without the trailer lines freezing even though the supply fauct did freeze.
WACOT is offline   Reply With Quote