View Single Post
Old 07-03-2021, 09:46 AM   #41
dkkirkland
Established Member

M.O.C. #21964
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl n Susan View Post
There are thousands of Posts here about stopping and starting slides. Here are a few of the normal causes. More discussion can be found by doing a Search on "slide stopping" or such.

o - The current flow from the truck to the batteries has insufficient amperage to be effective. The pump can draw over 50 amps and there is no way the vehicle 12V charge line can meet this need.

o - The batteries are shot. What voltage are they 30 minutes after the shore power is removed? They should be 12.6 /- volts.

o - There are two 50 amp self resetting circuit breakers between the batteries, converter, and hydraulic pump. When they get weak they open up well before the draw gets to 50 amps. Eventually one will fail altogether. Be aware the pump can draw over 50 amps (80 amps are not unknown) particularly when it is cold (I suspect ID is cold this time of year).

o - Normally the converter cannot supply the required amperage to run the pump. Since yours does, I am assuming the batteries are helping and the start/stop is attributable to a circuit breaker opening.

o - The battery disconnect switch in the convenience center does prevent the batteries from charging but doesn't prevent the batteries from powering the pump. The problem here is a lack of charging to replace voltage used.

A quick check of voltage along the power circuit (battery, 50 amp CBs, converter) should identify the fault. Also a load test of the batteries may be in order.
We are having trouble with 12 volt system not working at all if we're not on shore power. Can you please tell me where those 50 amp circuit breakers are between the battery and the converter, jacks, slides? We cannot seem to trace where the disconnect is
dkkirkland is offline   Reply With Quote