Thread: New 5ers in Ala
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2006, 08:22 PM   #3
Montana_5885

M.O.C. #5885
Thanks J&D, and I know I have a great unit, either way...it's just after all the research, the Dynaspan is stronger and has a different glue than the OSB and the Lifetime warranty, and that was the main selling point for us, as far as this unit, but not for the Montana (we would have bought one anyway). If it does not have it, there is probably nothing we can do except be disappointed and know next time to not be so excited that we forget to verify instead of taking a salesman's word, not meaning he did it deliberate. If I had not called and asked specifically for that and told him I had talked with Keystone, I wouldn't give it much thought. I am however, hoping I am wrong and that the floor is what we wanted and they just left the paper work for it out of the home....I can live without the cedar closets, lol, or add them myself. A call on Monday will answer all my questions.

As for the unit, I love it either way! We spent many days, weeks and hours looking, searching the forums for advice, etc. and making many trips to look at different brands or even different Keystoe models, not to mention all the hours on the internet...but we always seemed to come back to the Montana, which is what we first looked at. Just to give an idea of how mch we liked the Montana's...the one we bought was the one I looked at the least...didn't even make any notes about it, cuz I ever expected the hubby to fork out that much money! So basically buying it without even remembering what the inside looked like proves we were hooked on a Montana...of any kind.

I'm kinda like the person here in the forum said....I felt that I knew more about the product than the salesmen! It was soooo hard deciding which one was best, we liked sooooooo many of the floor plans....the flooring was the deciding factor (and of course teh open living area. Plans are for the hubby to retire in a couple years and then hit the road for months at a time! Hopefully by then we'll know what we're doing!

After reading lots of posts here, it seems everyone is very friendly and helpful...much more so than other places I've been. I look forward to meeting more of you and exchanging tidbits.

Dreamin (the greenhorn RV'er in the south)

pulling the 3400RL with a Ford F250 4x4.....don't nderstand all the other stuff you guys list, lol, I just know it tows it, has a towing package of some sort and 4 AUX switches that we haven't figured out what to do with yet.
Do you think the truck will pull it ok in the Rockies?? We're heading that way next month!

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by JH Sechelt

Welcome to the MOC.

I'm sure you have a great unit, Dynaspan or not. It's been my experience that half of the salespeople in some dealerships don't have the foggiest idea what they are talking about. One unit we bought a few years ago the guy didn't even know how to turn the lights on. Mind you he was a very nice guy and I would probably deal with him again. Having said that, it would not be right if they were trying to deceive you. Not sure what you could do about that.
I used to own a building supply and there is nothing wrong with OSB ( oriented strand Board ) It is multi layered ( like plywood )and they use water resistant glue when manufacturing it. Not many, if any people on this site that would tell you that you were wrong buying a Montana, Early or late 2006. 3400 is a great layout, enjoy.

J&D
Montana_5885 is offline   Reply With Quote