Thread: New 5ers in Ala
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2006, 06:26 PM   #1
Montana_5885

M.O.C. #5885
New 5ers in Ala

Hello, wanted to stop in and say Hi....we just got our 3400RL Montana last Wednesday. This is our first RV and boy did we go BIG! Have been happy with it, but am now wondering if the dealer messed us over. The Keystone Sales rep was more than helpful with our questions (much more informative than the dealer, lol). Anyway, after talking with Mike at Keystone, we decided to buy a late model 2006...according to him anything built after Late Oct..aprrox. the 20th, would have all the new features of the 2007. Features like the Dynaspan Marine grade subflooring and cedar in the closet and the new cap design. We called the dealer in the town we were buying from and requested to know which models were either 2007 or 2006 built after Oct. 20. He told us he had only 2..a 2007 and the 2006 we bought (which was supposed to have all the new features).

During the PDI, we forgot to ask about the cedar (I assumed it was the wood in the 2 shelves in the closet)and tonight after reading posts to cajama15, I visited the RV dealership link in Fla, just for the heck of it, to see other models. Low and behold they had the 2006 3400RL with pics and it showed the closet....FULL of CEDAR! My unit is not like that even tho the salesman said it had all the new features. NOw I'm beginning to worry that we didn't get one built in March as he said...altho it does have the new cap design. I went to the paperwork and looked thru everything....there is nothing there about the Dynaspan floor! Have loved my Montana to this point, but I'm really gonna be ticked if we didn't get what we were told we were buying.

Does anyone have a late model 2006? Does it have the cedar closet and how would I know if it has the Dynaspan subfloor? I went out and looked inside the storage area and it looks like OSB....at least I think...I'm not sure what the Dynaspan is supposed to look like, other than it is glued perpendicular like plywood (according to Keystone). So now I have to be on the phone first thing tomorrow and find out! I'm sooo worried that we have been rooked by the dealer and guess we should have asked at PDI, but he has already assured us before hand that we were getting all of it. The main reason we bought that model was the lifetime warranty of the Dynaspan flooring!

Other than that I love my Montana and look forward to giving it a try! Sure I will have lots of questions over the next few weeks as we prepare for our first trip.
Montana_5885 is offline   Reply With Quote