View Single Post
Old 08-31-2020, 05:58 PM   #30
sourdough
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kcuddeback View Post
Does anyone pay the dealer for what is called “Dealer Prep”? It’s $1900 from CW on a new Montana. Sounds like it’s the same thing as the PDI, if I’m going to spend 3-4 hours doing this myself why pay them?

Sorry for the belated response.

I have bought several new trailers and negotiated bottom dollar deals around TX, NM and FL. I have never had a dealer add any fee, at all, for dealer prep. That's their job. The "dealer prep" I am assuming is the all the work they have to do to fix what was wrong when the trailer arrived at their location. They document that and Keystone pays for it...at warranty rates. I (you) come in to purchase the unit and do your walk through (pdi), point out the issues you want repaired, they take the unit and repair them....Keystone pays. You aren't on the hook for a single thing they have to fix prior to your purchase (or for a year after) NOR for them to check it out - it is their responsibility. Before purchase just tell them to remove it (the fee) but fix everything as it should be.....it's NEW. If a CW escalate directly to the GM, or above, if he won't resolve it. They won't stick with it.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote