View Single Post
Old 08-30-2020, 03:46 PM   #22
greische
Established Member

M.O.C. #20532
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreG L. View Post
My experience was a little different. I had mine built instead of buying off the lot, added every option except paint. I sent the dealer a 3 page walk through a week before it came in letting them know that was what I was going to look at and needed 3 to 4 hours to do it. My walk through started underneath on a creeper I brought with me and ended on the roof. Not sure if they did anything before I picked it up but it took them 2 weeks to prep it for the walk through. I picked mine up in CA so it was on the road for several days bouncing around to get there.

Since I picked it up I had a TV issue I had to replace because they say 90 days warranty, wanted a 4K anyway, and they replaced and a leaky leveler, that's it in 9,000 miles in the last year. I expect more will go wrong but only time will tell. I did purchase an extended warranty and yes I know there are many opinions on that, but I look at it like insurance if I never have to use it, it was money well spent.

On a side note, this is not like buying a car, I have a list of things to check all the time, inside before I open or close the slides, tire pressure every time we leave and anything else I can think of or I see here on the forum, I add to the list.
I’m surprised they let you climb on the roof (insurance liability if you fall). It didn’t take them 2 weeks servicing it. If they did that they would only deliver 2 or 3 units a month. They did the normal 2 or 3 hours but that is how long it took them to get it into the schedule. They overbook their shop without taking into consideration for sales. Friend of mine had to wait 6 weeks for an appointment to have a fifth wheel hitch installed
18K/20K Pull Rite slider using Ford Factory puck system
greische is offline   Reply With Quote