View Single Post
Old 03-06-2018, 09:02 AM   #9
SuzanneH
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #21263
Quote:
Originally Posted by BB_TX View Post
The three external coax connections going into a splitter with three outputs makes no sense at all. One sat input should go direct to an inside coax connector to connect one sat receiver. And the second direct to another inside connector to connect to a second sat receiver. And the one labeled cable should go to your antenna amp switch plate for switching between cable and air.

I would ring out those white coax cables to see which ones go to your inside sat connections. Then, if there is enough length, pull those to connect direct to the convenience center. If not enough length, try a coax “butt splice” to connect the correct white cables to the appropriate cables from the conv center.
BB TX, What exactly is "ring out"...is that a check for continuity with a multimeter?

And, can you explain "butt splice" please?

I am dealing with this exact same problem as the original poster, and would so appreciate the help with this.

Since the day I spent trying to figure this out, I found the antenna booster all the way in the bedroom (tail end of my 3731FL) and it was on. Turning it off, I solved the problem with campground cable connection...And am wondering if it also might have interfered with the satellite connection? What do you think?

Thank you again for your input...
Suzanne
SuzanneH is offline   Reply With Quote