View Single Post
Old 05-03-2011, 10:27 PM   #5
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7445
Two weeks ago, my Splendide died. I called the service tech department that's listed in the Splendide booklet and received excellent help. Although my machine still needs a repair, which it will get at the Splendide service center in Clackamas, Oregon, next month, the tech did walk me through draining the water from the tub so that the door would unlock and I could get my wet clothing out before it mildewed. I can't praise the Spendide tech help enough: courteous, patient, knowledgeable, and easy to understand.

By the way, local tech help for repairs is available in many places, but for us, living in a rural part of Montana, it involved taking our Monty to one of only 2 Splendide tech service places in our state, one in Bozeman (2+ hours away) and one in Billings (4+ hours away). We'd have to leave our rig while the problem was diagnosed and parts were ordered for the repair. Since we are fulltimers and I'm still teaching school at the moment, leaving the rig in another town that far from our temporary home base for a week or so wasn't feasible. However, since we are going to be in Oregon in June, we just arranged our plans so that we can stop by the Clackamas service center before we head home from our trip. The tech said he could get us in and out on the same day if we'd make an appointment 4 or 5 days in advance.

Carolyn
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote