View Single Post
Old 10-11-2015, 05:55 AM   #8
TAKPAK
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8238
[quote]Originally posted by bullroc3

Did your truck come with an integrated brake controller? If yes, was it in a package or a standard item? How about a separate odometer for monitoring the mileage on the trailer? I know that Ford and Ram trucks have this item.

We stopped at our dealer the other day and found a 2015 3500 SRW which is exactly what I wanted. Got offered a nice sum for my truck on a trade but not sure if the new one is lacking some towing package option that would be needed.

We have a 2015 3500 SRW GMC, so basically the same thing. Ours has the trailering option on it, which was listed on the build sheet as such. I think most one tons have it, I believe you'd be hard pressed to find one without, unless it was the very basic "contractor's model". Has integrated brake controller, exhaust brake, and two odometers. You do have to reset each odometer each time. I use #1 for overall mileage driven on a trip, and the #2 odometer for the mileage between fill-ups, so I can track fuel consumption. You do need to reset them each time, or they'll just keep "racking up the miles"...!

2015 GMC Sierra 4X4 3500 SRW
TAKPAK is offline   Reply With Quote