View Single Post
Old 09-10-2020, 02:00 PM   #20
beeje
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17894
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreG L. View Post
Please correct me if I am wrong, it sounds to me that this is an important maintenance check, like tire pressure. Reading through this and other posts it appears to me that there is nothing wrong with the hangers unless a bolt drops out and making sure they take grease on a regular basis will solve most of the issue.
I don't off highway other than to get to a camp site but I would imagine that for some that do, an IS would be well worth the expense, the only reason I can see for IS, for someone like me it would be a waste of money.
Yes everyone should pay extreme attention to their suspension. Pay particular attention to the spring bolts or wet bolts whatever you have and also you bolt tightness. There is still no guarantee you won't break or lose a bolt. I have broken two and two more were just completely missing.

Having wet bolts is certainly better then not having them however I completely wore out two sets of bronze bushings in short order. In my humble opinion these heavy campers are too much for the horse and buggy suspension that holds them up.

Yes the IS is an expensive upgrade but well worth every nickel. No more getting out at every stop crawling under the camper to inspect all of them bolts.
beeje is offline   Reply With Quote