Old 08-31-2016, 12:57 AM   #46
Phil P
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11206
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by mlh

Lynwood you are not making senses.
Lynwood
Sorry about the big fingers I do proof read this because I get the s n and a together with the keys next to them but sometimes I miss.

Now we have enough information to tell what you are talking about. Your print is in the CAD system this is pretty much a fool proof way to make sure there are no mistakes. However your QC was done during the creation of the CAD program and your CAD program became your print.

If an RV could be built using a CAD system there would be few mistakes as well.

So let’s compare oranges to oranges

Now even with the CAD system if you changed your personnel monthly because of poor work ethic or the state coming in and removing a large number of them because you didn’t do the proper state paperwork I am sure your cost would go up in down time for training and incorrect operation of machines.

Now it goes back to no one at Keystone is in charge of the production line or even checking now and then IE no QC except for an inspection at the end of the line after a lot of the problems found by the user have been covered up. The proof of this is the repeated insulation of products during the first part of the construction process when the trailer is upside down incorrectly because the personnel installs them as if the trailer was right side up. If anyone at Keystone cared about the end user they would have addressed this problem 7 years ago when I and the manufacturer advised them of this problem.

Machinery manufacturers that have an assembly line where the product is assembled cannot use a CAD system. Some have progressed to robotic machines for portions of the production line but until these machines progress further the robotic system will not be use widely. These company’s still QC by QC inspecting 1 out of 10 items in process at a state before the assembly proceeds to the point a complete inspection could not be performed.

Keystone needs to learn about this process.

Phil P
If you get a page not available then remove the "s" after HTTP
Phil P is offline   Reply With Quote