View Single Post
Old 12-06-2020, 03:01 PM   #9
JimKrieger
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #27179
I've found that the tire winch for your year is an old style no longer available. The new style is available from LC1.com (Lippert Components Store) and should turn more easily as it appears to have a extra reduction gear. I will be replacing my old winch with this new one along with a welded extension from them. You would need to estimate the extension length, probably 43" will do. One big problem though, the new style is oriented 90º the wrong way. I will be purchasing a 2' long 1" X 2" channel iron from Metals Depot, cutting it to 17" and having it welded to the two 71" long existing support members. It will be positioned to match up the mount holes in the new winch with a new bolt I will add to the center of the new channel iron and one of the the old bolts hanging from the one old channel iron. I expect to be doing this change in February and can report if you want. Total cost will be about $125. Decided not to do the other spare tire holder devices mentioned here, because they claim the entire width of the trailer, some of which I may want to use for a storage box(es) in the future.
JimKrieger is offline   Reply With Quote