View Single Post
Old 11-25-2020, 08:32 AM   #4
Hblick48
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21903
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Lazz View Post
so 50 miles north of Tonapah Nv., at 3AM, we had a blow out..............she warned me about those china bombs........Good Sam club was excellent. But as the tow truck operator and I were putting back the spare tire the mechanism that is suppose to lift the spare tire into place stripped a gear or such and would not lift the tire into place.
We have a 2006 Montana 29RL. Any advice on replacement of such....I ve got the tools but don't have a manual.
LAZZ
Here's a replacement:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JMHFK4S/?coliid=I2VRZJIT1VJ1SV&colid=2PBOI3VENI9MQ&psc=1&r ef_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Mine lowered the tire ok, but when I went to lift it, the lower part of the plastic mechanism cover spread apart causing the lift cable to come off its spool. If I held the pieces together as I raised the wheel, it worked.

I ended up grinding the metal cover flush to the plastic at the bottom and used a hose clamp to keep the plastic parts together. Works like a charm.

As an added safety measure, I also put a ratchet strap from the sides of the mounting frame slung under the tire. Tire will stay in place even if the lifting mechanism fails.
Hblick48 is offline   Reply With Quote