Thread: Why Montana?
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2023, 06:13 PM   #26
1wayhighway
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #30465
Been flying around this thread for a bit and finally decided to reply.

Did a Lot of shopping/looking at trailers/looking at specifications/spying on forums etc....even spent 2 days at the Tampa RV show comparing brands. Had a particular brand on mind but while walking through several built by that manufacture it became clear to us that they just did not have the fit and finish we were looking for.

Started looking at the same brand of travel trailer that we owned at the time (which we were very pleased with) and looked at the Monty's. Between the two brands they both checked all of the boxes.

After returning home from the Tampa show we went to another local show and was able to walk through all three brands that were on the top of the list. The Monty and the brand of our travel trailer bubbled to the top. Side by side and dollar for dollar we landed on the Monty.

I guess the features that made the decision were the fit and finish (the Montana is very well made), the price for the Legacy with full body paint and disc breaks just pushed it over the top for us (Mostly me but my DW really loves me). Dollar for dollar compared with other trailers of the same style and features we got more bang for our buck. The only bummer was the "parts shortage" that occurred which robbed us disc breaks, a big disappointment but they will get added at a latter date.

We are on our third long trip with trailer since purchasing (about 6000 miles total so far) and are very pleased with everything in the trailer. No regrets.

2022 3500 GMC Duramax
2022 3121 Montana
1wayhighway is offline   Reply With Quote