View Single Post
Old 05-12-2016, 03:05 PM   #25
Mark N.
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13862
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by richfaa

look like the TST system is not a good buy since they appear to be not reliable.
Well, before one categorically denounces them as unreliable, one must define the terms of reliability.
As a pressure monitor, mine are not "reliable".
As a pressure "change" monitor or more accurately, a pressure "drop" monitor, they are very reliable!
I bought mine to warn me of dropping tire pressures, to head off a blow-out while driving. To that end, the system gives me great peace of mind. I know it is there, and working.
To give me an accurate tire pressure, of +/- 1 psi? Nope....They won't do it. They might be consistent, but mine are consistently reading low.

OK, no big deal in my mind. As long as it will alert me if the pressure drops, I'm OK with a low reading. I already know what the true pressures are, because before I started rolling, I checked every tire with a pressure gauge that I know to accurate. I will accept all my trailer tires reading 105 lbs. when I know for a fact they are 110 lbs.

If one chooses another system, one might very well be trading one problem for another.
Mark N. is offline   Reply With Quote