View Single Post
Old 01-17-2020, 06:24 PM   #14
Nat_Park_Travelers
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #21914
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan View Post
You are correct in that the difference between the 7k and 8k in the gauge of metal. I have looked at the 8k along side my 7k and the design looked the same and they both have the 8k rotors if someone gets the disc brakes. Some people forget you add about 300 pounds more weight with the 7k and more than that with the 8k. I didn't go in there with any preconceived ideas but wanted what they recommended after they weighed my rv. I thought 500.00 more was very reasonable for the 8k but Rob who was the shop manager at the time told me 7k was plenty strong for the weight of the rv and like you, wanted a better riding rv and the shear springs on the 8k would be a little stiffer. I am very happy with the improvements and all I do is grease 4 fittings once or twice a year. Keystone could take lessons from Mor-Ryde on quality control. This is the best improvement you will ever do to an rv. Safe travels and hope to see you at some rally some day.
I agree and thanks for the input! Brian is the manager there now and I told him "you guys do this every day - I'm a computer geek, so let's do what you think is the best way to go." LOL

We are intending to attend the national rally this year, so hopefully we'll meet a lot of y'all while were there - looking forward to it!

Safe travels to you as well!
Nat_Park_Travelers is offline   Reply With Quote