View Single Post
Old 12-28-2006, 03:56 PM   #1
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
CAT scales, Long timers vs vacationers

We have had Tana weighed two times, once in October of 03, when she was basically packed for vacationer mode and again today, when she is definately packed for long timing mode.

Here are a few points to consider in the comparison. The truck weighs 8000 with 2 adults, 4 yorks, full tanks of gas. Today, she had half tank of gas, BUT add the weight of 2 bikes and front hidden hitch (hitch weight is NOT included in the 8000). We figure that the 1/2 tank of gas and the bikes and hitch are about equal, or close enough, so add the weight of 1/2 tank of gas and that is total for truck.

Next consider that we now have 7000 pound axles on Tana, which will weigh a bit more than the 6000 ones that were on her in 2003.

Further note: We were running dry on the water today, NONE on board, I believe in 2003 we had water, but honestly cannot tell you how much.

ok, front axle of truck, 2003 = 4140 today = 4140

Back axle, 2003 = 6720, today = 6980

axles of the trailer, 2003 = 9920 today = 10540

Gross weight, 2003 = 20780 today = 21660

This is not to represent that this is a totally equal set of weights, it is just to give an idea of sorts of how I packed for vacations vs longtiming.

Note: Both Al and I have a LOT of clothes on board, food weights about normal for us, we have added some things, like extra dog food, but we have taken out some things as well, like a bunch of outside cooking utensils we do not use during longtiming, and we felt why cart em to Texas and back.

Now you can all have fun with the numbers!

I may have forgotten some of the notes that I needed to add here, but been a long day and ole Carol drove more than half of it, and the brain is starting to go into hybernation mode!

Nite!!!
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote