View Single Post
Old 12-25-2008, 02:32 AM   #11
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
Don't know what will happen to the Big 3 but there will be 1 ton Trucks. Someone will build it there is a large market for 3/4 ton and above. Most all Ranchers and Farmers have to have Heavy duty Trucks because they tow much heavier equipment than our 5th wheels. And there will be Class 8 Trucks for many more years to come. Most all who tow the heavy 5th wheels are at the limit when towing. I haven't owned a 5th wheel yet that had the correct weight listed. My Trucks weight is 8,560 full of fuel and ready to tow. So that leaves me a total of 14,940 to be at the max tow rating.

So when buying a Truck you have to watch the weight of the Truck. When we had the Chevy 4500 our Cambridge and the Truck was 27,700 gross weight. And with the 2007 Chevy 1 ton and the Cambridge the gross weight was 25,600, don't know the weight of the Dodge or Ford for sure but the weight of the tow Truck adds up very fast. I would have no problem buying a new Truck at this time. But the big question is who will work on these Trucks if the Big 3 do go down and it sure looks as if they will, unless there are major changes in the labor cost. I do believe that Toyota has a 1 ton that could be on the market in less than a year. Good Luck with your decision. GBY...
Delaine and Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote