View Single Post
Old 07-30-2016, 07:16 AM   #11
RKassl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3699
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by bigskyjimmy

My Dish Tailgater Antennae stopped rotating side to side so I took the lid off and confirmed it so I thought no big deal call King Controls and buy a new little drive motor and I should be good to go Right???? Wrong called King and they said yes you can order a new drive motor for 39 bucks BUT then you have to send the whole thing into them to "Sync" the motor to the circuit board and that will be 200 bucks + parts thank you...DANG, he said you are better off buying a new one.....so for the heck of it I looked at my Camping World receipt and I forgot I bought a 3 year Extended warranty for it YEAH BABY AND I get the newer version of the Tailgater..So FYI Gang if you try to fix it yourself AAHHH ya can't
I was a big fan of King Controls Tailgater till last month. We have two antennas the older white cube and the newer gray King Tailgater, both Dish NW specific. We were at a CG where I owned the southern sky. The older white Tailgater would find all three satellites, 100, 119, and 129. On the system info screen all three were green. When I would turn to a channel that I knew was HD on 129, it would always downgrade to SD back to 119. I understand these pretty well so I did some troubleshooting with no luck. Remember I also have the newer gray one, that was working perfectly. So I called King Controls and explained my problem, the canned response was the cable, no it is a new cable. Then it was my connection, no because the gray Tailgater works fine with both outside connections. I asked if I could bring in, and the smart ass tech told me it would be cheaper to but a new one rather than attempt repairs that would start at around $200 plus parts. He checked the serial number and found that it was so old, ya like 3 years! I have lost all my respect to King Controls.
RKassl is offline   Reply With Quote