View Single Post
Old 12-02-2006, 08:57 AM   #1
rrheik
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6292
Reigstering the Tana

Bought our Tana in September and still trying to get it registered in Texas. Have to get a new Arizona temp. plate as the original is about to expire. While in Texas in October, took all of my paperwork from dealer to tax office, and they told me I couldn't register it because I didn't have a "manufacture of origin certificate", which is required for out of state purchases. Since my Dad was ill in Tucson, we headed back to Tucson, and obtained the required cert. from dealer and sent the paperwork back to tax office in Texas. Seems at the time I was at the tax office while in Texas, they forgot to tell me it needed to have a weight ticket from a certified weigh scale, they called me yesterday to tell me, and said they would hold my other paperwork until I returned to Texas, or mailed them a weight ticket. So, I guess that when I head out of Tucson, I shall stop at a truckstop and get weighted (which I should definitely do anyway for safety). By the way, the ladies at the tax office are really great and have been extremely helpful in my relocation to Texas, so I am not complaining. Just want you all to know to double check with your state registration office before attempting to register an out of state purchase. Ya'all keep safe and warm....

bob
rrheik is offline   Reply With Quote