View Single Post
Old 02-02-2023, 08:37 AM   #9
grumbolt
Established Member

M.O.C. #22670
my montana is a 2007, i am now in the process of turning my existing landing gear into a 2 motor system.

i plan to take pictures and do a better post than this one was.
basically i will be removing the landing gear one at a time, disassembling, cleaning, and reassembling with rebuild kits and proper lubrication

then installing new motors and gearboxes on both legs
currently only one leg has a motor and there is a cross bar to the other leg.
this will eliminate that bar and increase the storage area in the front compartment.

after all that i will replace the single switch that currently controls the landing gear with 3 switches.. one for each leg independently, and one that will control both legs.

the electrical will end up using 2 of the above mentioned albright relays, one for each side.

while i have the legs disassembled, i may look into what it would take to put limit switches for the full up and full down position of the legs to prevent damage to them should someone have a brain fart. who knows if i get really creative i might even figure out a way to make an auto park feature where you just hit the button and it fully retracts them.. ah the adhd mind runs wild lol

i also plan to look into what can be done to make them easier to lubricate the actual screw that does the lifting...
grumbolt is offline   Reply With Quote