View Single Post
Old 08-20-2005, 07:23 AM   #64
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Me, too, on the ditto. SteveS, I agree with you and just forgot about that. There have been times I've seen someone trying to get into a site near us and have gone and moved our truck to make it easier for them. It was not that I was being careless about parking but had to do with the layout of the site and the available parking. I've seen others do the same thing and then there's the people who just stand there and watch even though their vehicle is causing the problem. I've also seen the ones you mentioned who didn't have to park that way but did anyhow. I have been known to knock on doors to ask if they could move their vehicle for a few minutes so we could get into or out of a site.

I also think that when we were weekenders and vacationers we found noisy neighbors much easier to put up with because at the end of the weekend we left. But now we live in rv parks year round and thus have much more opportunity to be exposed to the crude, rude, and inconsiderate folks as well as the oblivious. That said, most of the time we've had good neighbors. Now if they would just realize that doors don't always have to be slammed....

And, as Vicki said, we made sure our children were well-behaved in public places and in those instances where they were not we took them "out of service." We are pleased to see they are teaching their children the same way. But there seem to be many parents these days who just don't care if they or their children are bothering anyone else. Kids can have a lot of fun without being disturbing to others.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote