View Single Post
Old 11-30-2008, 01:51 PM   #23
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by mail2us

IMHO...

Those few states that have initiated driver license local endorsements/permits relating to private RV use are doing so in my opinion for revenue purposes only. To suggest that private RV users need to be licensed uniquely is simply acknowledging another state fee and nothing else. Enforcement or safety are code words by a few states to simply gain revenues. To also suggest that RV owners are bad drivers or cause accidents is not documented.
Dennis,

There is no charge for the RV endorsement unless you are within a certain time limit and even then it is just a token charge. This is in CA. I don't know about other states.

Using your logic regarding RV owners...... States should not require anyone to pass a DL test or to even have a DL since this implies they may be bad drivers!

Glenn and Lorraine,

Not all states have reciprocal agreements. I know this from first hand experience. When a nice Texas trooper stopped me and explained that CA and Texas do NOT have such an agreement! Not only that but even if they do have such agreements there are certain features that are not subject to the agreement. Length of rigs is one thing that comes to mind. Another is multiple towing.

Dennis
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote