View Single Post
Old 11-30-2008, 12:27 PM   #22
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Commercial, Commerical..Our RV's are not commercial vehicles.None of the Federal mandated CDL license requirements apply to a NON- Commercial vehicle. The States do not give a RV endorsement on the CDL license.There is no such thing. The CDL is NOT a State license. The RV endorsement is on the State license. The CDL is of no benefit to a RV driver as they DO NOT HAUL COMMERCIAL. Now if you delivered RV's for A manufacturer to a dealer then you would need a CDL as you would be PULLING FOR HIRE. If Ohio requires a RV endorsement on their State license I will have to get one.But it has nothing to do with my CDL.......

You are subject to the laws of YOUR HOME STATE.. Ohio requires two license plates .. Will a State that requires one plate arrest me???

PA requires a State Inspection...Ohio does not.Do I get arrested when I drive into PA for NOT having a PA inspection?? Ye Gads////

"The Commercial Motor Vehicle Safety Act of 1986 was signed into law on October 27, 1986. The goal of the Act is to improve highway safety by ensuring that drivers of large trucks and buses are qualified to operate those vehicles and to remove unsafe and unqualified drivers from the highways. The Act retained the State's right to issue a driver's license, but established minimum national standards which States must meet when licensing CMV drivers. "

"It is important to note that the Act does not require drivers to obtain a separate Federal license; it merely requires States to upgrade their existing testing and licensing programs, if necessary, to conform with the Federal minimum standards"
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote