View Single Post
Old 06-26-2007, 04:26 PM   #27
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
I loved the Tow Command in the Ford and that's one thing I do miss. I have a good aftermarket controller (successor to the Prodigy) but it's not nearly as smooth as the Ford's controller. Ford has had that since 2003. GM added it this year. I've not heard when/if Dodge will do the same. I've not heard how well the GM version works but I'd bet it's good. I know the Ford controller is outstandingly smooth and effective.

R B Arney, don't despair. There have been a larger than "normal" number of 6.0's with problems but the vast majority have been good. I've driven Fords for many years. We recently traded our Ford with 85,000 miles on it and a big chunk of those miles were towing a Montana. Your truck will do a great job. Hopefully yours will not be one of the ones with problems.

While I remain partial to Fords, I also love the way this Dodge tows the Montana. The only phrase I can come up with that even comes close is "freight train on steroids." And something I really like is pulling a 14,620 lb trailer up a long 8% grade and seeing the engine temperature gauge rise to a whopping 205 degrees! And with a 195 degree thermostat.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote