Thread: On the road.
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2020, 12:16 PM   #14
Cindy and Ray's Grand Tour
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #21053
We are retired and in no hurry so we usually only travel about 180 to 220 miles and then stay at least two days. We stay a week to 10 days near any major city to sightsee. The truck only has a 32 gallon diesel tank and I prefer to fuel it unhitched so the mileage is limited. I set the cruise control for 65 on freeways and 60 on US Highways.

We try to travel for 6 months in the summer and spend winter near San Antonio. We visited family east of the Mississippi the last two summers and planned a 6 month "Grand Tour of the West" this year. That has been postponed until next year with the virus and closings everywhere. If the virus does not spike and close everything again, we may do a two month trip up to Denver and back late summer or early fall. I am going a bit stir crazy but since we high risk to get severely sick if we catch it, it is better to stay at home.

With the size of our Monty, I always make sure I have reservations nine to 12 months ahead of time. I have been told by some RV parks that they are full three months early.
Jacksonville, FL
Cindy and Ray's Grand Tour is offline   Reply With Quote