Thread: driving
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2008, 03:11 PM   #1
labmom
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8371
driving

Hey ladies-it is fun and scary to drive. Even turned a corner today without wiping out ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!!! I did scare Dave as I did have to stop mid-turn but we were in a turn lane and nothing was coming. We have about a 3 hour drive tomorrow and we will be home. I plan to do as much of the driving as possible. I also did as much of the set up today when we reached the campground as I could (with a lot of Dave's help)as I am a weakling. I really need to increase my upper body strength!!!!
We are in the UP of Michigan and it is beautiful up here. It is the same as where we live except they have the benefit of the Mackinac bridge, the sand dunes and beautiful Lake Michigan on the drivers side. It is amazing!!!! We have lived in Land O' Lakes for 8 years and I feel like I have missed so much so close to home so my goal for next summer is to do short trips into the upper part of Wisconsin and Michigan.
I can't wait to get home though and sleep on my own THICK mattress and for those of you at the rally and put up with the trains, we have trains at this campground as well. The only good thing is that I have only heard one so far tonight but it was so loud, it may as well have been coming through the living room.
Murph is staring at me so I have to go see what she needs. The other advantage of being home is that if she needs to go poddy, she can just go out the dog door without me having to freeze taking her out. Oh well, she is worth it.
Betsy
labmom is offline   Reply With Quote