Thread: Water Heaters
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2006, 12:44 PM   #7
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by dcowie

Thanks for the info. It has been very helpful.
I presume your reference to OPD is something to do with the propane tanks and the way to clear it would be to either turn the line feed lever or shut down both tanks and turn them back on again.

OPD = Overfill Prevention Device.

Closing the tank valves, disconnecting to relieve pressure, and then reconnection and very slow opening is the way to fix. For the last year or so, there has been a requirement to install a second intermediate pressure regulator on the far side tank, this should fix that problem for owners of newer trailers.

I know the propane was feeding my refrigerator when the electric was off. How do you shut off propane to the HW, but run the gas stove?

You can't. Propane is supplied to all three appliances when the tank valves are open, but the water heater will only operate when the wall switch is on. If you look carefully at the wall switch, you will see a tiny red LED between the two switches, this comes on when either, the propane is in the process of ignition, or if there is a fault, and the propane won't ignite in a preset period of time.

Should I be able to see the propane flame in the brass fixture just inside the outdoor cover?

You should be able to see the flame but it is not highly visible in bright sunlight. You should also be able to hear it, and feel the hot exhaust gases at the vent.
OntMont is offline   Reply With Quote