Thread: RV Pricing
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2021, 08:04 PM   #3
Mikendebbie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21044
I work for a large commercial construction company, and this video was alarming to me. We have to source steel, wood and interior finish products very much like the RV manufacturers do. Owners, developers and architects are asking us “what are you seeing in the industry for price escalation”?

This morning after seeing this thread in the forum, I sent a link to this video out to my fellow estimators (there are 15 estimators in the Austin office) and to our local business unit leaders. Shortly after noon our chief estimator sent out an email notice from a rebar supplier about a significant price increase effective June 1. At 3:00 I got copied on a mass email from a nationwide specialties company (toilet accessories, marker boards, hospital corner guards and bed rails) stating all orders after June 1 will show 10% increase. At 4:00 one of my fellow estimators copied us all on an email notice from one of the largest glass manufacturers stating June 1 effective price increase of 8% to 10% on all orders. Large steel fabricators have been qualifying their bids since early March to be good for “15 days from the date of the quote”.

I have not seen anything like this since 1979-80-81 when I was just starting out in this business. All I can say is - folks, buckle your seatbelts.
Aussie Gus + Texas Heeler Jimmy
Mikendebbie is offline   Reply With Quote