Thread: Show 'n Tell
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2005, 05:19 PM   #4
Gypsy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #111
Bill & Ann - Thanks for your comments, and no offense taken. Last year, as you know, a lot of people missed seeing others' improvements because they were busy showing their own. We tried the progressive style at the gathering in May, and it seemed to work well. One advantage of the progressive style is only one session of describing your improvements, not having to tell the same story over and over and over...every time someone new comes to see your rig. I know I got tired of repeating myself so many times.

If you don't want people traipsing through your rig, you don't have to open it up to them. After all, it is your home. In fact, you don't have to participate, and no offense intended there, either. One couple brought photos of their improvements because they were traveling without their rig. If you'd rather do that and avoid having a train of people inside, you could use that method of sharing your improvements. Or you could just list the improvements and say "demonstrations by appointment only."

Does anyone else have comments on the alternative formats suggested by Bill and Ann? I'm certainly open to trying yet another format if it will work better. Maybe we shouldn't try to schedule anything and just distribute lists, then let people talk to those owners who've done something that interests them.

Sharon
Gypsy is offline   Reply With Quote