Thread: Tank Sensors
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2014, 07:25 AM   #9
bigskyjimmy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10696
I do agree there needs to be better quality control with ALL brands but When did Montana lose their Quality??? they never have for me 3 of them for me a 2003,2012 and my new 2015 with minimal problems, right now I am parked next to a couple with a 2013 and they have had minimal problems as well, sorry you have had some issue's and so have some other folks but there are many more of us that have not,I know a lot of people with SOB's and it is the same story, some horror stories but lots of good as well
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by dasmoeturhead

Ok, thats pretty much how our's have been also. I use the chemicals in the tanks, but that really hasn't done anything except keep the stink down. I wish the gray tanks had a flush system. That might help.

Im sure the after market sensor system would work, but I'm sure getting tired of having to upgrade a system every time something goes haywire. I mean why dont they just build a 75K 5th wheel better. I appreicate your help, and Im not disregarding what you are saying,but I'm getting real tired of hearing, well if you upgrade to this or that it will solve the problem ? When did the Montana brand lose its quality? Simple things like no entrance way door latch to keep the door from blowing off when you want to keep it open. Dump valves that aren't underneth the slides, cabinet door supports or lack of them,poor instalation of propane lines (sheet metal screws rubbing on hose),cheap tires,light switches in locations that make no sense,wood grain tape on trim instead of real lightweight wood, doors that wont stay closed, or shut properly, outside awning led light strip shriveld up like a pretzel, toilet never held water, hydraulic stabalizer that wont go all the way up. I could go on and on. I have been back to the dealer already twice. They (TRIPLE A RV IN MEDFORD OREGON) is the worst place ever. I scheduled a time six weeks out for tbem to order parts, so when I got there from 1700 miles away the parts would be there and we would be set. We got there 6 weeks later, and the day before we got there they called me and said the parts werent in, and it would be 3 more weeks. That was 6 weeks ago. Tbe only thing that came in was the 2nd A/C we ordered. Funny how that worked out.

Sorry about the rant, but this is how its been. We are also full-time,and down time due to poor craftmenship, and probably cheap labor, doesnt make it easy to just drop your rig off and go live somewhere else for who knows how long. People see us in this new rig and have questions about it, and I dont sugar coat it. Thats not very good PR for Montana.