View Single Post
Old 07-19-2012, 10:15 AM   #17
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Well, evidently it is better to take than give...or pay.
NOT my fault refrigerant is so expensive...NOT my fault an old 20 ton A/C unit takes a bunch of refrigerant.
The church thinks the bill is too much...so, they will not pay it.
THEY WILL continue to enjoy the nice cool sanctuary, they enjoyed the A/C for the Funeral and for church services on Sundays.
Somewhere in the sermons they must give, it might say something about not paying the bills. I would be happy for them to pay what they THINK might be an acceptable bill, and argue about the rest of it. but nope. No money at all for the poor old retired service guy.
Just wrote out a $250.00 check to an attorney to send them a demand letter and start the process for court.
So much for trying to help a customer.
They did say the A/C unit is operating really good......

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Ozz

Probably more...
A church I have been taking care of for 30 years or so called me about one of the 20 ton A/C units. The Pastor they had for 2 years is gone suddenly for some reason, he used another HVAC guy. The secretary said this unit has been down all summer. No voltage to the thermostat, I fixed the wiring someone messed up, got power to the thermostat (it is very complex and confusing) then found the whole system completely out of refrigerant. I found the leak: electrical feed-through terminals... not good. Called York...no parts available,
So, I took it all apart and fixed it. Pulled out all the tricks in my musty trick-bag. Pulled a vacuum on it today, as tight as new shoes. I will charge it tomorrow, worked on it all day today.
Pictures and slide show for you gear-heads out there.
Only problem is that I screwed myself out of a $5,000 profit on the job. Most repair guys would have sold them a new system.
Hey.. it's a church...

Slide-show:
https://picasaweb.google.com/Jimsue13/20120711PHCCCompressor?authuser=0&feat=directlink

Leaking under all this stuff....

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote