Thread: new vehicle
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2005, 04:42 AM   #11
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Wow, Bill and Ann, you are really loaded, just like we are!

We've now towed for over a thousand miles with the new F250 and think it's absolutely tops at towing. My only "problem" is our pinweight is 3120 lbs and it squats the rear of the truck just enough that I can see it is squatting. As for driving with it that way, in windy situations (we had driving rains and wind three of the four towing days) and being passed by a semi I could just very slightly tell the front end is a bit light because of the squat in the rear.

We have one more day of traveling before we settle in the Savannah area for a couple of months. Today is a laundry/cleaning day so we're sitting tight today. I'll raise the hitch in the truck to the next higher notch to shift a little of the weight of the trailer. The 3120 lbs of pinweight was measured on the prior truck. This truck sits a couple of inches lower in the bed so there's probably more pinweight on this one than there was on the F350. At least that's an educated guess. If raising the hitch doesn't make enough difference then when in Savannah I'll start looking for overloads or go with air bags. Otherwise this truck does a super job towing this 13,980 lb Montana.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote